Not only are fat bombs a delicious snack, they also help satisfy cravings and can easily be eaten when you're on the go.
But since the internet is home to thousands of keto fat bomb recipes, it can be a little hard to know which fat bomb recipe to try first (or next).
That's why we put together this list to help narrow it down to the very best for you. Here are our 10 favorite keto fat bomb recipes. Enjoy!
The Importance of Eating Healthy Fats on KetoHealthy fats make up 70-75% of your daily calories on a ketogenic diet .
That's what makes keto unlike most other diets—you get tons of energy from all the fats you eat, so you typically don’t have to worry about cravings or hunger pangs.
If you don't eat enough healthy fats, you will likely have no energy. Or you'll be more likely to eat carbs or junk food to compensate for the energy you aren't getting from fat.
That's why it's important to find as many ways as you can to get more healthy fats throughout the day. And food items like fat bombs are a great way to do that!
Good Sources of Healthy FatsSome of the healthy fats we recommend on the keto diet include:
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, etc.)
- Nut butters
- Full-fat Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Healthy cooking oils (olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil)
And in the case of coconut or coconut oil, some healthy fats also contain MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides), which can help support weight loss and enhance ketosis .
As a general rule, you want to avoid any fats that have been heavily processed, trans fats, and foods cooked with unhealthy oils, like grapeseed oil or canola oil.
What are Fat Bombs?Fat bombs, as the name implies, are snacks made mostly with high-fat ingredients. (Continue reading for specific examples/ingredients.)
A good fat bomb recipe is loaded with healthy fats, some fiber and protein, and very few carbs. It also avoids those unhealthy fats you find in many processed foods.
Fat bombs are a great option between meals, on road trips, and before or after workouts. They're also great when you're craving something sweet but don't want to go off your keto diet.
Why are Fat Bombs Important on Keto?Fat bombs offer many benefits on a keto diet, including these four:
- They're a clean treat: Healthy ingredients like nuts, nut butters, and dark chocolate do a great job of getting rid of junk food cravings without having to eat anything unhealthy.
- They're portable and easy to eat: One of the hardest parts about going keto for some people is having a healthy option when they're on the road or simply have a busy schedule. Fat bombs are a quick way to get an energy boost when you're on the go.
- They offer other healthy nutrients: Most of the foods listed above not only offer healthy fats, but nutrients your body needs like fiber, B vitamins, probiotics, and essential minerals like iron!
- They can help promote ketosis: Fat bombs made with coconut products offer the additional benefits of MCT oil, which can help you achieve and maintain ketosis. Not many snacks can say that!
Popular Ingredients Used in Fat Bomb RecipesSome of our favorite fat bomb ingredients include:
- Nut butters (almond butter, macadamia nut butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, etc.)
- Coconut flakes
- Dark chocolate
- Cream cheese
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Heavy Cream
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- KetoLogic Erythritol (or your favorite sugar-free sweetener)
- Vanilla extract
Our 10 Favorite Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
There are so many great keto fat bomb recipes out there, but we narrowed it down to our 10 favorites.
1. No-Bake Cheesecake Fat Bombs (KetoLogic): A perfect introduction to keto fat bombs. Almond meal, butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, and KetoLogic Erythritol are really all you need to make these delicious morsels!
2. Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Frozen Fat Bombs (KetoLogic): Another simple recipe, this is your introduction to frozen fat bombs. Perfect for a hot summer day or when you're craving a sweet treat at night before bed. And you know you can't go wrong with the chocolate and FBOMB Macadamia Nut Butter combination!
3. Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls (KetoLogic): Don't be surprised at how filling these keto fat bombs are. This recipe calls for KetoLogic KetoMeal, a healthy meal replacement shake full of vitamins and minerals, MCT oil, and protein.
4. Fat Bomb Mug Cakes (FBOMB): A spin on regular fat bombs, these mug cakes only take a few minutes to whip up. The perfect low-carb dessert!
5. Better Than Reese's Nut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs (FBOMB): Nut butter, sea salt, chocolate chips, and FBOMB Coconut Oil. Yum! And these (somehow) only have 1.5g of net carbs per serving!
6. Keto Peanut Butter Ball Fat Bombs (That Low Carb Life): Similar to a few others we mentioned, we like these fat bombs because they incorporate monk fruit sweetener, another low-carb sweetener we love to use for keto recipes.
7. Keto Red Velvet Fat Bombs (My Keto Kitchen): How good do red velvet fat bombs sound? The recipe only calls for 4 different kinds of fat and red food coloring. Easy and satisfying!
8. Almond Butter Chia Square Fat Bombs (Ruled.Me): Chia seeds are a great addition to any fat bombs, as they're loaded with protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and tons of fiber. You can use any type of nuts you want!
9. Toasted Coconut Butter Fat Bombs (Castaway Kitchen): Another delicious way to load up on MCTs! Did you know they're also great fuel for your brain and can improve cognitive functions, like focus and memory?
10. Paleo & Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs (Gnom Gnom): Here's a quick and easy paleo and keto fat bomb recipe you can make in just 35 minutes. You don’t even have to be keto or paleo to enjoy them!
Boost Your Day with FatSo as you can see, you have many delicious options when you need a fat macro boost! For more delicious low-carb treats like these, check out our keto recipes!