This simple keto-friendly pesto recipe is a great topper for chicken, fish and beef. Plus, it is also a delicious way to sneak fat into a meal when tossed with vegetables or low-carb noodles. With a 4.2:1 (fat/net carb + protein) ratio, it is a perfect nutrient-dense addition to either a protein or carbohydrate.
This recipe is:
Ingredients you need:
- Fresh basil leaves
- Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano cheese, freshly grated
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the basil with the pine nuts and pulse a few times. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: 8